Artichoke and Lamb Shanks Crock Pot Dinner
- Ready In:
- 7hrs 45mins
- 3 -4 lbs lamb shanks, bone cracked (usually 4)
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 (8 ounce) box frozen artichokes or (12 ounce) can artichokes, drained
- 1 cup drained sliced black olives
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- In a 4 1/2 quart, or larger, electric crock pot, combine onion, bell pepper, celery, artichoke hearts,and olives.
- Rinse shanks and pat dry.
- Sprinkle all over with pepper.
- Place shanks in pot on top of vegetables.
- Add tomatoes with juice, add vinegar.
- Cover pot and cook until lamb is very tender.
- About 6-7 hours on low, less time on high.
- Remove shanks to a bowl and keep warm.
- Skim and discard fat from cooking liquid Turn crock pot to high.
- Mix cornstarch with 1 1/2 tablespoons water and pour into crock pot.
- Stir often until sauce bubbles (about 10 minutes).
- Spoon sauce and vegetables over lamb.
- Garnish with parsley.
Join The Conversation
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My husband and I live in boreingly beautiful San Diego County. We are both retired and have been for 15 years. Before we retired I worked and seldom had time to cook or bake. Now I love to cook even thought there is just the two of us. We have three adult children but only two grandchildren. I am a member of Rotary International and join with my club in many service projects. I like to read, to sew and do ceramics but my real love is traveling. We intend to travel as long as we are both in good health. There is so much to see and so many friends we have not met yet.