Artichoke and Garbanzo Stew
- Ready In:
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped (6oz)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped (6-8oz)
- 1 roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped (12oz) or (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed, and quartered
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (15 ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth or (15 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Set a 4-to 6 quart pot over medium high heat.
- Add oil, onion and salt. Stir often until onion becomes translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and chile flakes. Stir until garlic softens, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add carrots, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, garbanzos, and broth.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Cover and simmer until carrots are tender when pierced, about 15 minutes.
- Season with sage, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- For Vegan/Vegetarian do not use the chicken broth option.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation