photo by FrenchBunny
- Ready In:
- In a medium saucepan, heat the oil (the Jamisons use peanut oil).
- Saute the onion and garlic over medium heat until soft.
- Add the rice, tomatoes, and chili powder; saute another couple of minutes, stirring to coat the rice with oil.
- Pour in the stock, sprinkle with salt if desired, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover the pan, and simmer the rice for 15-18 minutes, until the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let the rice steam, covered for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite Tex-Mex dishes.
- I have made this ahead for a dinner party and reheated it in the oven before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was a very delicious rice dish. Definitely a fluffy rice. I used the peanut oil and about 3 garlic cloves. I chose to use the chicken stock. I really liked this recipe too cause it was real easy to get ready. DD and I really enjoyed this dish . Made it to go with Recipe #215029 Wonderful together. Thanks for the recipe. Made for ZWT5...