Armenian Dinner Sandwich
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Found this on a global site. Armenia borders Turkey and Georgia in Eastern Europe, and was the smallest Soviet Republic when in power.
- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes
- 2 ounces tomato paste
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas or (8 inch) pita breads, warmed
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- In a nonstick skillet, heat oil over med-high heat; cook onion and garlic, stirring often, for 3 minutes.
- Add paprika, allspice, salt and pepper; cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add beef; cook, breaking up meat, for 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain off any fat.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste, breaking up tomatoes with a fork; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add green pepper and parsley; cook, stirring often, for 10 to 15 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Divide beef mixture among tortillas; fold tortillas in half to form pockets.
- Sprinkle beef filling with cucumber, and feta cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Surprizingly refreshing recipe! Easy to do, not heavy and excellent flavor. I didn't know what the end result would be but my DH and I ate 3 each - yum! We've got a bit leftover for lunch or snacking. I really appreciate something different to do with ground beef. We'll be having this again and again! One note: We didn't use any salt in the beef mixture and the feta salted it beautifully. Thanks for a great recipe!Reply