Arizona Lemon Bars
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter, whipped to double (or 2 sticks softened)
- 2⁄3 cup Splenda granular
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 2⁄3 cups oats
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, chopped fine
- 2 large lemons, juice and zest of
- 1 (14 ounce) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F Cream butter and sugar well. Add flour, salt, oats, almonds, and lemon zest, mixing well until crumbly.
- Place 1/2 of mix into a 9x13" pan that has been lightly buttered or sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Lightly press mixture into pan.
- Whisk together condensed milk and lemon juice (you should yield about 3/4 cups juice). Spread over top of mix that is in the pan.
- Sprinkle remaining dry mix over that. Again, lightly pressing mixture into pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool 1 hour then cut into small squares (about 1 1/2"). I make three long cuts, and 6-7 short side cuts. Refrigerate or serve warm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
What a fabulous lemony taste. I have made lemon bars many many times as this is something we sell as a regular menu item at the coffee shop I work for. This recipe cried out for me for me to try as it is made entirely different than the one I was use to. First of all I"ve never used sweetened condensed milk in lemon bars and secondly oats are not something I've included. Both were a lovely addition with just the right amount of sweet/tart. I followed your recipe as stated with the elimination of almonds. I did put a few x-tra squirts of lemon juice and also zested one lemon. Great lemon taste. DH had his w/a scoop (well, a few scoops) of vanilla ice cream while still just a touch warm. mmmmm~ Glad I tagged for PRMR.~