Argentinean Ground Beef
- Ready In:
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped peeled onions
- 1 cup chopped seeded green bell pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 8 ounces cooked kidney beans
- 8 ounces cooked hominy
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups water
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté ground beef, onion, green bell pepper and garlic until vegetables are tender and beef is browned, about 6 minutes; drain.
- Stir in kidney beans, hominy, salt, basil, pepper, sugar, oregano and red pepper flakes. For a soup consistency, similar to Mexican Pozole, add up to 2 cups water* until desired consistency is reached. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Serve warm over rice or pasta.
- Without adding the water, meat mixture can be used as an empanada filling.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!