Aqua Velvet - Zodiac
After watching Zodiac I wanted to make the drink Aqua Velvet which they had drank in the movie. Not being able to find it I came up with this. This takes place in the late 1960's and through the 70's on the West coast.Where Polynesian food was popular in the 1960s and on.... So I figured it must be in the order of a Blue Hawaiian (popular then) adding the cream of coconut for the velvet. Enjoy my take of a drink from Zodiac while watching it.
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 ounce rum
- 3⁄4 ounce vodka
- 1⁄2 ounce blue curacao
- 2 1⁄2 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 ounce prepared sweet-and-sour mix
- 1⁄2 ounce cream of coconut
- ice (optional)
- Pour all ingredients over ice in a hurricane glass.
- Garnish with fresh pineapple wedge and or serve with a cocktail umbrella to spear maraschino cherry.