April Fools' Day Cauliflower Milkshake
- Ready In:
- Fry onion, celery, garlic, bay leaf in a saucepan over medium heat until the onion is translucent (about 8 minutes).
- Add in cauliflower, water and stock.
- Bring to boil and lower heat.
- Cover and simmer until cauliflower is fork-tender (about 10 minutes).
- Allow soup to cool slightly and discard bay leaf.
- Puree soup until smooth with either a handblender or in batches in a blender.
- If you're making this ahead of time, allow soup to cool for 30 minutes then place in refrigerator, uncovered, in an airtight container until cold.
- Soup may now be covered and refrigerated for 2 days.
- Strain soup into clean saucepan,stir in cream and heat over medium heat, stirring often, until it's steaming.
- Serve in heat proof glasses or milkshake containers.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this for April Fool's Day. My family was very surprised. DD liked it and said that she would want it again. I cut this in half for three of us and I used a 14 oz can of broth and water to make the 2 1/2 cups of liquid called for. Thanks Dreamer for finding a fun recipe. I will make this again and my DD may only want it served in a glass with a straw.