Apricot Upside Down Puddings
- Ready In:
- 60 g butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 420 g apricots, drained
- 75 g butter, extra
- 1⁄2 cup raw caster sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup almond meal
- 3⁄4 cup self raising flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, sifted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom, sifted
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 180°C conventional (160°C fan forced). Line the bases of a 6 Texan (3/4 cup/180ml) muffin pans with a circle of baking paper.
- To make the Sauce: Place butter, dark brown sugar, water and lemon juice into a saucepan a stir over medium heat for 5 mins or until sugar has dissolved and mixture forms a sauce.
- To make the Pudding: Beat extra butter and raw caster sugar until light and creamy. Add eggs beating well between each addition.
- Stir in almond meal, flour, spices and milk. Spoon two teaspoons of sauce into the base of each muffin pan and top with apricots. Spoon pudding batter over the top of apricots.
- Bake for 20-25 mins or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Stand in pan for 5 mins then turn onto plates and enjoy with the extra sauce and cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!