- Ready In:
- 1 (15 ounce) box pie crusts
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds
- 8 Nabisco social tea biscuits (or Voortman tea biscuits)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 8 apricots, ripe
- 1 (10 ounce) jar apple jelly
- 1 cup blueberries
- -Heat oven to 350°F
- -Fit 1 piecrust into a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom (save the other crust for future use).
- -Place the almonds, cookies, and sugar in a blender or food processor and pulse to a fine sand; sprinkle on the bottom of the crust.
- -Halve and pit the apricots. Arrange them, cut-side down, on top of the crumbs.
- -Bake for 25 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- -Put the jelly into a small saucepan and warm over medium heat until melted and bubbling, stirring constantly. Spoon over the tart. Set aside to cool completely.
- Garnish with blueberries or blackberries and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I enjoy cooking very much. If I had the time I would love to plan elaborate dinner parties more often and spend the day shopping and cooking for them. However the reality is we are very busy as most folks are these days and I am always striving for good but quick or make ahead meals to keep us from eating out very often. <br> <br> <br><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">