Apricot Salsa Chicken
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Although I already have a posted recipe similar to this one, this one is a bit more on the spicy side! It comes from Taste of Home Best Ever Chicken Cookbook 2009!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 - 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, large
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa, mild, chunky
- 1 (12 ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 1⁄2 cup apricot nectar
- 4 -5 cups brown rice, cooked, hot
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour, salt, pepper & paprika, mixing well.
- Add chicken, 2-3 at a time, sealing the bag & shaking to coat.
- In a large skillet, heat oil, then cook chicken over medium heat until browned on each side, then drain oil from skillet.
- Stir in salsa, preserves & nectar, then bring to boil.
- Reduce heat & simmer, uncovered for 15 minutes or until sauce thickens & a meat thermometer reads 170 degrees F.
- Serve over rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
It certainly doesn't get any easier than this quick, yummy chicken dish. We really loved the sweet/ spicy combination of the sauce, and I loved that it goes together so quickly in one pan. There was only two of us eating so I halved the recipe with great results. I used a "medium" salsa instead of the mild because we like a little more spice. Also, because we are not eating much rice these days, I served this over cooked barley. Yummy! Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe...it is definitely a keeper!<br/>**Made for Please Review My Recipe tag game**Reply