Apricot & Peach Pie Using Fresh Fruits
photo by vachefgrammy
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- 1 (9 inch) double crust pie crusts, rolled out but not baked yet
- 3 -4 large peaches, pealed and sliced thin
- 4 cups apricots, pealed and sliced thin
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 -5 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, diced and arranged on top of filling
- 1 egg, well mixed, for brushing on top crust (optional)
- 1 -2 tablespoon sugar, for sprinkling on top of egg wash (optional)
- Line a 9 inch glass pie dish with one floured crust. I use a commercial, refrigerated, boxed crust that I have brought to room temperature before unrolling and flouring it. Home-made crusts might work even better. Set the 2nd crust aside to top the pie before baking.
- In a large bowl, mix the sugar and flour; then add the pealed, sliced peaches and apricots,and lemon juice. Mix well; then pour onto the 1st pie crust.
- Dice butter into small cubes and arrange atop the filling.
- Place 2nd crust on top of the filling. Crimp the edges of the crust together; then, use a knife to cost 4-5 one inch long air holes to prevent filling from over flowing as it bakes.
- Place the pie onto a pizza pan to catch drips. Bake pie at 350 degrees for 1 hour or slightly longer if you desire a darker crust. Serve warm or cold with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream as you prefer. It is even great plain! Enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!