- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese (non or low fat works fine)
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 packet unflavored gelatin
- Put apricots in bowl and cover with boiling water.
- Set aside for 1 hour to soften.
- Place drained apricots in blender, add honey and blend until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, dissolve gelatin in 2 tbls of water.
- Place on low heat and stir until all gelatin is dissolved.
- Combine cottage cheese and yogurt in a seperate bowl and whip until smooth.
- (this can be done in the blender too.) Pour yogurt mixture into a bowl and slowly stir in the gelatin, the fold in the apricot puree.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My original review may not have been clear enough. I would like to say that I followed this recipe strictly as to method and ingredients, including the use of a blender that would meet the standards of an American kitchen, until I found that it was not acceptable. At that point, I strained the mixture, which added about 20 minutes on to the time, and did improve the appearance and texture. I also added 1 tablespoon superfine sugar, but the resulting product was still quite tart. My original review began with, "I strained", and ended with "tart". This was my experience. It may have been that the apricots were not fresh enough to blend smoothly and/or were particularly sour. I don't know. I like apricots and was disappointed. I have only friendly feelings toward the poster of this recipe, and I believe that she posted the recipe because she enjoyed it and wanted to share. I am writing this review so that other people will know what might happen - not will happen - but might happen. I hope this is clear. (I originally gave 3 stars and am not changing that.)