- Ready In:
- 1 (425 -850 g) can apricot halves
- 1⁄2 cup self raising flour
- 1⁄4 cup caster sugar (I use normal sugar if I have no castor left)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 90 g butter, melted
- Drain Apricots and place in dish (3 cup capacity) I find a shallow one works best for this dessert.
- Melt butter in a pyrex jug in microwave.
- Add milk and return to microwave and heat until mixture is warm (not too hot or else eggs will cook when you add them).
- Add eggs to the warm milk and butter and stir vigorously.
- Sift flour and sugar in bowl.
- Make well in centre, gradually stir in combined butter,milk and eggs.
- Spoon batter evenly between apricots.
- Bake in moderate oven 180 C for 30minutes until firm and golden brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Delicious! I used 680 grams of apricots. I figured go in the middle of your suggested amount.(425-850 g) can apricot halves . I use 4 ounce butter that`s 1 stick. 180 Celsius = 356 Fahrenheit 350 is what I used and did bake for 10 more minutes. Recipe #390393 was used for the self rising flour. I added 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon to the flour mixture and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla to the egg mixture. I wonder if I should have buttered the pan but it didn`t need it! Served topped with vanilla ice cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon and sugar. Made for Pick a Chef http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=310505&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 Thanks!