Apricot, Carrot and Goji Berry Marmalade
A lovely preserve which would be totally healthy if it weren't for the sugar! A great gift when canned correctly in nice kilmner jars
- Ready In:
- 250 g ready to eat dried apricots
- 200 g carrots (about 4 medium or small)
- 1⁄4 pint water
- 100 g goji berries
- 500 g sugar
- 1 orange, juice of
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 3⁄4 pint water
- knob butter
- Put the apricots into a pan of boiling water and boil for 5 minutes.
- Drain and rinse in cold water then put in the blender with the water. This boiling and draining process not only softens the apricots but removes some of the sulphur in which they have been preserved.
- Blend until smooth and add the blended apricots to a pan with the sugar and carrots.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 20minutes or until setting point is almost reached. (you can test this by putting a spoonful onto an ice cube or cold saucer, if it jellifies, it is done)
- Meanwhile, soak goji berries in the orange and lemon juice. Towards the end of cooking time add the goji berries and the juice.
- Bring back to the boil and skim off any scum that forms on the surface. Add the butter and boil for just a few more minutes.
- Do not pot the jam until it is almost cool to allow for even distribution of the carrot and berries (see canning notes, follow the link on the home page of this site) or store in the fridge for upto 1 month.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION