Apricot Butter Cake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is one of the recipes that my great aunt left behind, and it seems to be a favorite with her family.
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 ounce) can apricot halves
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 3⁄4 cups self-rising flour
- Drain apricot halves. Mash apricots to make 1/2 cup and reserve the juice.
- Cream butter and gradually add sugar until creamed well together.
- Add 3 unbeaten eggs, one at a time, and beat well after each.
- Combine 1/2 cup of water with apricots and 1/2 cup of apricot juice.
- Add alternately with flour to the creamed mixture, beginning and ending with dry ingredients and blend well after each.
- Pour into 2 9-inch round layer pans, well greased and lightly floured on the bottom.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool and frost with your favorite cream cheese icing *optional*.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION