Apricot Bread Pudding
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 4 eggs
- 3 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 5 cups torn dry bread, pieces (French Bread is best)
- 12 dried apricot halves, quartered
- 1⁄4 cup currants
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, cut up
- maple syrup, heated (optional)
- In a medium mixing bowl beat together eggs, milk, 1/2 cup sugar, and vanilla.
- In a large mixing bowl combine bread pieces, apricots, and currants.
- Place in a greased 2 quart rectangular baking dish.
- Pour milk mixture over bread mixture and press bread with the back of a spoon to soak up milk.
- In a small bowl, stir together 2 Tbsps.
- sugar, and cardamom.
- Sprinkle over top of pudding.
- Dot with butter or margarine.
- Bake at 325ºF for 55 to 60 minutes, or until it tests clean.
- Serve warm with maple syrup, if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Fantastic, fast and easy. I used a combo of whole wheat bread and some leftover sourdough we had, and doubled the amount of the apicots and used raisins as I couldn't find currants. Cooked in two loaf pans, froze one, I hope that is ok....Really nice, will make again, maybe trying other fruit combos!
Followed directions, easy to make. The only change I would make is to stir the cinnamon into the dish instead of putting on top. I was in the mood for just plain apricot bread pudding so I did not add currents or raisins. It was very delicious, and we ate it hot out of the oven. It should taste even better today! Thanks for sharing.