Apricot and Almond Jalousie (Jalousie Aux Amandes El a L'abrico
photo by pammyowl
- Ready In:
- Preheat the oven to 425. Roll out the dough out on a lightly floured surface to a 12" square. Cut in half to form two rectangles.
- Place one half on a baking sheet that you have sprayed with water. (yes, water). Brush all around the edges with beaten egg. Brush with the apricot preserves.
- Fold the remaining piece of dough in half lengthwise and cut eight evenly spaced diagonal slits from the center fold to about 1/2 " of the outer edge.
- Unfold and place on top of the preserve topped one, matching edges carefully. Press edges together well,scallop with the tip of a small knife.
- Brush the slashed pastry top with water and sprinkle with sliced almonds. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until well risen and golden brown.
- Cool on a rack, cut into fourths and serve with creme fraiche or yougurt, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><img src=http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j446/pammyowl2/chelsea-1-1.jpg?t=1358729305 alt=width=320 height=234 /><img src=http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j446/pammyowl2/th_2934e8e56debfb521317951198.jpg alt=width=160 height=160 /><img src=http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j446/pammyowl2/th_HPIM0151.jpg alt=width=160 height=90 /> alt= />I am an avid cook and baker. I have a Farmers Market stand where I sell breads and sweets. I am really enjouing my stand, as I get to make all kinds of breads, although the sweets are the big attraction! I am married to theworlds most wonderful man, have an aan amazingly brilliant child (of course I would say that!). In short, I am a verry happy, cheerful woman. Baking bread is my passion, but I love to cook anything. </p> <p>I have two great dogs, Jack and Lucy, a black lab and a boxer/pitbull mix, respectively.</p> <p>My rating system;</p> <p>5 stars= great, had fun making it and will make again</p> <p>4= made some changes as the recipe needed tweaking</p> <p>3= probably will not make again</p> <p>I will not post a 2 or 1 star rating, I'd rather post the review with no stars and share some possible fixes:)</p>