Applesauce Spice Bran Muffins
- Ready In:
- 3 cups wheat bran
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 oranges, zest of or 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 cup applesauce
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly grease two non-stick muffin pans or line with paper muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, combine the bran, flour, cranberries, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, nutmeg and orange zest.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the applesauce, sugar, oil and eggs until well mixed.
- Stir in the milk and molasses.
- Add to the dry ingredients, stirring just enough to moisten. Be careful not to overmix.
- Spoon into the prepared muffin pans.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the tops are firm to the touch.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live with my husband, four cats, and a sweet mutt named Jada in Scarborough, Ontario, where I work as an elementary school administrative assistant. I have a 31 year old daughter who lives with her boyfriend in nearby Don Mills, along with my sweet granddogs, Frankie and Turbo. I would have to say that my passion is animals, since I have so many of them! <br /><img src=http://images.quizilla.com/H/h0t5auce/1108834307_brown_answer.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/532663/cookswithcattitude.JPG alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r271/copperhorse58/CalendarGirlsSwap2009.jpg alt= /> <br /><br />If I had a month off work to do what I please, I would first catch up on my sleep and then just have fun - see a few movies and maybe take a couple of short trips - something that wouldn't break the bank - lol!</p>