Applebee's Club House Grill
- Ready In:
- 2 slices French bread (thick)
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 slices deli turkey
- 2 slices deli ham
- 2 slices tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons barbecue sauce
- Spread the butter evenly over one side of each slice of bread.
- Put one slice of bread, butter side down, into a preheated frying pan over medium heat.
- Spread the mayonnaise over the unbuttered side of the grilling bread.
- Sprinkle half of the Cheddar cheese over the mayonnaise.
- Lay the turkey and ham in the pan next to the bread for about 30 seconds to heat it up.
- When it's warm, lay the turkey on the cheese.
- Place the tomato slices on the turkey.
- Spread the barbecue sauce over the tomato slices.
- Lay the ham on the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the remainder of the cheese over the ham.
- Top off the sandwich with the other slice of bread, being sure that the buttered side is facing up.
- By now the first side of bread should be golden brown.
- Flip the sandwich over and grill the other side for 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown as well.
- Remove the sandwich from the pan and cut in half diagonally.
- Serve with additional barbecue sauce on the side.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Delicious! My hubby and I made these for lunch yesterday using Texas Toast and after checking the Applebees menu for accuracy :), we added shredded lettuce and cooked bacon to the finished sandwich to complete it. The sandwiches were so good-we completely devoured them! They cooked up really fast too and like the other reviewers, we really thought the BBQ sauce (we used Famous Dave's-Rich and Zesty) was a star ingredient. Thanks for the great recipe!