Apple - Walnut Loaf
photo by YummySmellsca
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 1 egg
- 3 cups nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1⁄3 cup large-flake rolled oats or 1/3 cup spelt, flakes
- 2⁄3 cup demerara sugar (or dark brown)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup spelt flour
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup ground walnuts
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
- 3 unpeeled diced apples
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F, grease a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, beat egg with yogurt.
- Stir in the flaxseed and spelt flakes. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Add the brown sugar and vanilla to the yogurt mixture and blend in well.
- Whisk together flours, ground walnuts, baking soda, and spice in a medium bowl.
- Add the dry mixture to the yogurt mixture and mix to blend, then fold in apple pieces and chopped walnuts.
- Bake on the lowest rack of the oven for 55-60 minutes, until it tests done.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Montessori teacher, nutritionist and pastry chef: baking is my passion, but teaching the value of good food to whole families is close to my heart too! I have a passion for re-instilling the love of good-quality, home-made and mostly healthy food into the hearts and kitchens of children and their families today. I believe that any ?homemade? food, even when labelled as naughty, is a more wholesome treat than pre-packaged, cookie-cutter junk.</p> 9408826"