Apple Walnut Cake
Found this recipe in a woman's magazine. I have only one word for this cake.....AMAZING!! Top with a dollop of fresh whipped cream and wow! p.s. Double the recipe and make a big pan, cause your family will be asking for more!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 granny smith apples
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease and flour 9 inch cake pan.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Add sugar, then eggs and vanilla, beating after each addition.
- In another bowl, sift together salt, baking powder, and flour. Stir into butter mixture. Spread batter evenly in cake pan.
- Peel, core and thinly slice apples. Press slices into batter and top with walnuts and 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Bake 40-45 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I would give this cake a 4 if it wasn't for the burnt bottom! :( I think 375 is a bit too high for this recipe. Followed all directions and I removed it after 40 minutes but the corners were burnt. I was like no biggie, buuut when I removed a peice the bottom was burnt! :( "pleague" did you change degree or leave at the same temp??Reply