MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Delicious with Apple Cider-Brined Chicken with Sage Pan Gravy
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 green apple, cored and cut into eighths
- 1 red apple, cored, and cut into eighths
- 1 small yellow onion, cut into eighths
- 1 small red onion, cut into eighths
- 6 green onions
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Add butter, and melt in hot oil. Add green apple wedges and red apple wedges; cook, turning as necessary, to brown on both sides. Remove apples and set aside.
- Add yellow onion wedges and red onion wedges; cook for about 3-5 minutes, until brown and tender, turning as necessary. Remove sautéed onions and set aside.
- Add green onions and celery, and cook for about 3-5 minutes, until brown and tender. Reduce heat to medium. Add reserved apples and onions to skillet, and season with salt and pepper. Cook until combined and thoroughly warmed.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION