Apple Turnip Casserole
Good cold weather side dish. Goes well with pork. I didn't have any apple juice on hand so I used chicken stock and almonds instead of pecans - very tasty
- Ready In:
- 2 rome apples, cored and sliced into rings (or other baking apple)
- 1⁄3 lb turnip, scrubbed, peeled if necessary, ends cut off and cut into thin slices
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice or 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1⁄4 cup pecans or 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped into pieces
- In a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish layer the apple slices and the turnip slices.
- Dust with the coriander.
- Pour in the liquid.
- Cover and bake in a 350F degrees oven for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake for another 10 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION