photo by Shelli C.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 7 (3/4 ounce) packets hot spiced cider mix (powder)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 4 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1. Preheat oven to 350.
- 2. Combine butter, 2 cups sugar, the apple cider mix, vanilla, baking powder and salt with an electric mixer. Add eggs and mix well.
- 3. Add flour and mix until combined and you have a smooth dough.
- 4. Refrigerate the dough about 10 minutes.
- 5. While dough is chilling, mix the 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- 6. Using a small cookie scoop or teaspoon, scoop out dough and roll into small balls. Roll the balls in the cinnamon sugar and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Press lightly to flatten only a little. (The cookies will flatten and spread while baking.) I like to sprinkle a little extra cinnamon sugar on the top before baking.
- 7. Bake 10 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet while hot to avoid sticking. Cool on a wire rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!