- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
1 large jellyroll pan of apple pie
- Sift together flour, sugar and salt.
- Cut in shortening.
- Add egg yoke.
- Add milk slowly.
- Mix together to form a ball.
- Roll out pie dough to fit the bottom of a jelly roll pan.
- Slice up 5 Granny Smith apples. (Keep them from browning by soaking them in cold salt water until you are ready to use them.).
- Crush cornflakes and place in a medium sized bowl.
- Add sugar and cinnamon.
- Drain Granny smith apples and rinse well with cold water to remove salty flavor.
- Add apples to cornflake mixture and mix well.
- Put apple mixture over bottom unbaked pie dough layer.
- Repeat pie dough recipe and carefully cover apple mixture with a second pie dough layer.
- Using a small knife, cut small slits in pie dough on top of pie.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!