Apple Skillet Cobbler
photo by Diana 2
- Ready In:
- Heat the butter and 1 cup sugar in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat.
- Add the apples and continue cooking until the sugar is melted and forms an amber-colored syrup.
- In bowl, mix the biscuit mix with the 1/4 cup sugar and grated cheese.
- Add enough milk to form a soft dough.
- Spoon dough over the apple mixture and bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was Wonderful Yummy! :yummy: I cut the recipe in half (there are only two of us) and added a bit of cinnamon to the apple mixture. Comfort Food+++++ Really easy to prepare, and so inexpensive. I already had all the ingredients at hand. I don't have an oven-proof skillet, so after preparing the apple mixture, I poured it into a glass casserole dish and continued from there. This would also be great served to company.....or cut it in half like we did. This is one dish you really *must* try. I believe this is going to become one of the "staples". Thanks Lainey!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I want to thank all of you who review the recipes I post - good or bad. It's always good to get feedback and helpful tips and I really appreciate them all! I try to send a note when someone reviews one of my recipes, but I don't always get the chance. Please know that I really enjoy reading the reviews. I also love all the photos everyone posts, too! Thanks so much. Happy Cooking!