Apple Scotch Cookies
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped apples
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup seedless raisin
- 1 (6 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- Cream together softened butter with brown sugar.
- Add eggs and milk; beat well.
- Mix and sift flour, baking powder, salt and spices; stir into creamed mixture.
- Stir in apples, walnuts, raisins and butterscotch pieces.
- Drop by tablespoons on well-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 - 12 minutes.
- Remove from baking sheets immediately, cool on racks.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am all about entertaining, good food, great people, lovely music to suit the moment, the whole enchilada. Reading recipes when I am at a loss as to what to do, makes me happy. Love to walk, swim for hours, slow dance, salsa, ski when I am out West, and cherish family and friends.