Apple Raspberry Pie
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups granny smith apples (peeled, cored and sliced)
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups Splenda granular (or 3/4 cup of sugar)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Crust first: Mix shortening, butter and flour.
- Add boiling water, salt and baking powder - mix well.
- Separate into 2 equal balls; place between 2 pieces of wax paper; roll, place in freezer (keep in freezer for about 15 minutes - cold pastry makes it easier to work with.).
- MEANWHILE -- WE'LL WORK ON THE FILLING.
- Lightly mix the cinnamon, sugar, and vanilla with the apples and raspberries.
- Line your pastry pan with one dough, and heap filling into it.
- Sprinkle the 1 tbsp of flour on top - do not mix inches
- Dot the filling with the 1 1/2 tbsp of butter.
- Cover with topping crust, make slits to allow steam to escape.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- Serve hot with ice cream with your family!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!