- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup plus 1 tbs sugar, divided
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 tart firm apples (cored, peeled and very thinly sliced)
- 6 ounces raspberries (1 - 1 1/2 cups)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375*F. Grease a 9x9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together ingredients flour through baking powder, plus 1/2 cup sugar.
- In small bowl, whisk melted butter, egg, zest and extract until smooth. Pour over flour mixture; work with hands to make soft dough.
- Pat 2/3 of dough in pan, prick all over with fork, and bake until browned, 15-20 minutes.
- In large bowl, toss fruit with spices and 1/2 c sugar. Scatter over bottom crust, crumble remaining dough on top.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar. Bake until top is golden brown, 30 minutes.
- Cool completely; cut into 16 bars. Store leftovers in an airtight container.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am now semi-retired and an Empty Nester. I try to focus on lighter dishes for day to day menus. I still like to explore new food ideas. I look for smaller quantity dishes now. I am not vegetarian but I cook with more vegetables than meat now. I enjoy sharing desserts with family and my co-workers.