Apple-Raisin French Toast Casserole
- Ready In:
- Grease a 13x9 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix brown sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Mix in the melted butter.
- Stir in apples and raisins until evenly coated.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Arrange bread slices in an even layer over the apples.
- In the bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla and 2 teaspoons cinnamon.
- Pour over bread making sure EVERY slice is fully soaked.
- Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Remove dish from fridge and bake covered 40 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake 5 more minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Outstanding FT recipe! A coworker gave me this same recipe and I made it Christmas Eve 2007. Removed it from the fridge Christmas morning and baked in a preheated oven as directed. Only change I made was to use thick sliced Challah bread, and I soaked each piece individually in the egg mixture before adding to the pan and poured whatever was left of the egg mix over the casserole. This is DELICIOUS - light, with a scrumptious sauce. We didn't want or need maple syrup. This will be our holiday breakfast tradition from now on, too. Thanks for sharing this recipe Cookinmomof3!