Apple Pineapple Crisp No Sugar No Flour
- Ready In:
- 4 medium tart apples (I used granny smith)
- 1 cup canned crushed pineapple in juice
- 1⁄2 cup quick oatmeal or 1/2 cup regular oatmeal (not instant)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 banana, frozen
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray an 8X8 square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Peel, core, and slice the apples.
- Put them in the pan.
- Add the canned pineapple and mix it all together.
- Put the frozen banana in the microwave until it is defrosted and mushy.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, add the oatmeal and nutmeg and stir well.
- Peel the banana (it will be runny) and add it to the oatmeal.
- This will clump up and be very sticky.
- Put the oatmeal mixture on top of the apples.
- I use my hands but it is sticky and not real easy.
- You may, if you want, spray the top of the crisp with cooking spray or olive oil spray but I didn't find it made much difference.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the topping is starting to brown.
- Serve warm or cold.
Join The Conversation