Apple Pie With Caramel Pecan Topping
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- Place one pie crust in a 9 inch deep dish pie pan.
- Fill pie crust with sliced or cubed apples.
- Mix sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt in a bowl.
- Pour this mixture over apples and top with butter.
- Seal top crust to bottom crust.
- Cut ventilation holes in top of crust. (If crust is not well sealed it will leak when baking. I bake on a cookie sheet).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until crust is done.
- Remove from oven, press down top.
- Mix butter brown sugar and milk in a pan and bring to a boil.
- Add pecans to this mixture and stir to coat.
- Pour over pie and return to oven for 5 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Retired from the US Postal service. My wife is still working so I've been cooking more.I've found recipezaar to be very helpful and I'm thinking about posting a few recipes myself.</p>