Apple Pie Schnapps-Adult Beverage
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Truly tastes like a warm apple pie in a mug, but don't forget it packs a punch from the alcohol! Also good iced!
- Ready In:
- 1 gallon apple juice (unfiltered or the kind in the refrigerated section)
- 1 gallon apple cider
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 4 -6 cinnamon sticks (or 2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon if no cinnamon sticks)
- 2 tablespoons mulling spices (if no mulling spices, add the spices you add to apple pie, such as 3 cardamom cloves, 1/2 tsp ground)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (may use 1 tbsp lemon zest instead)
- 1 liter ever clear grain alcohol (if you would like it stronger add up to a 1/2 liter more of Ever Clear but remember Ever Clear is 15)
- Bring all ingredients EXCEPT EVERCLEAR to a soft boil. Simmer for 30-45 minutes.
- Let cool and stir in Everclear. If you prefer a clear liquid, strain the mixture before adding the Everclear.
- I store the majority of it in the juice bottles that it came inches For gifts, I either pour into a mason jar with a fresh cinnamon stick or pretty glass bottle with a cork or stopper.
- Store in the fridge, serve hot, like regular cider or iced. Also great for mixing into other cocktails.
- I serve this with Arroz con Leche on cold nights for dessert.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION