Apple Pie Donuts
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From Cooking Panda - yummy!
- Ready In:
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 1 cup apple pie filling
- 1⁄2 caramel sauce (could use more or less depending upon preference)
- 2 eggs, beaten (for egg wash)
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cold and cubed
- whipped cream, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
- Coat puff pastry in flour and roll out. Cut out circles, about 6 circles per pastry sheet.
- Place one circle on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Top pastry circle with a heaping tablespoon of apple pie filing and 1 teaspoon of caramel sauce. Brush the edges with egg wash and top with another pastry circle. Carefully seal the corners. Continue assembling until complete.
- In a bowl, mix together brown sugar, flour and butter until you have a crumbly consistency.
- Brush the tops of the donuts with egg wash and top with brown sugar crumble.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until donuts are golden and flaky.
- Remove from oven, top with caramel sauce and whipped cream, if desired, serve and enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION