Apple Pecan Acorn Squash
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This comes from 1001 Low-Fat Vegetarian Recipes. Posting for ZWT3.
- Ready In:
- 1 large acorn squash, cut into quarters, seeded
- 1⁄2 cup mixed dried fruit, chopped
- 1 small apple, cored, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground mace
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- Place squash quarters, cut sides up, in a baking pan; add ½ inch of hot water.
- Bake, covered at 400* until squash is fork-tender, about 30 minutes.
- Combine dried fruit, apple, pecans and spices; spoon into squash.
- Drizzle maple syrup over fruit and squash.
- Bake, loosely covered, until apples are tender, about 10 minutes longer.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION