Apple & Orange Salad With Honey-Garlic Dressing
photo by Clara W.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup oil (may use olive oil)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled, minced
- bibb lettuce, red and green lettuce, chopped (use all or any combination)
- 1 red apple, thinly sliced (unpeeled)
- 1 green apple, thinly sliced (unpeeled)
- 2 large oranges, peeled and sectioned
- walnuts, pecans (optional) or almonds, chopped and toasted (optional)
- Mix the oil, honey, garlic, salt and pepper in a jar (with lid) and shake before serving.
- Tear or cut lettuce(s) into bite-size pieces and mix with apples and oranges. Add the toasted nuts if desired and toss all with dressing. Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!