Apple Orange-Raisin Cake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 2⁄3 cup chopped pecans or 2/3 cup walnuts
- 3 apples, peeled and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (can use less)
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup fresh orange juice
- Set oven to 350 degrees (oven rack to second-lowest position).
- Butter a 10-inch springform pan.
- For the topping: mix together brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; blend in butter, then mix in nuts; set aside.
- For the cake: In a bowl mix together chopped apples, raisins, 2 tablespoons white sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon. cinnamon.
- In another bowl beat together brown sugar, white sugar and oil for about 3 minutes.
- Add in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add in orange rind and vanilla; mix till combined.
- In another small bowl, mix together flour, baking soda baking powder and salt.
- In another small bowl whisk together the orange juice with sour cream; then add the flour mixture and sour cream mixture to the egg mixture, mixing JUST until blended.
- Stir in HALF of the apple mixture into the batter; mix to combine.
- Spread HALF of the batter into prepared baking pan.
- Top with remaining apple mixture then sprinkle the topping mixture on top.
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes, or until cake tests done.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!