Apple or Pear Ginger Jam
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
9 1/2-10 8 oz. jars.
- Use a trivet under the pot.
- Stew the apples gently in 10 fl.oz. water until applesauce consistency (I mash with potato masher).
- Add 12 oz. by weight of sugar for each pint (20 fl.oz.) of apple sauce and bring to the boil. Simmer lightly.
- Add the lemon juice and rind.
- Weigh,rough chop the ginger and add to apples.
- Bring back to boiling point (caution this scorches easily). Test for set. This is quick because of the natural pectin.
- Bottle in sterilised jars.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!