Apple or Pear Crisp
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Combine apples and lemon juice in a baking dish, coated with nonstick spray, and toss gently to coat.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Stir with a whisk to blend.
- Add cornstarch mixture to apple mixture and toss well to coat.
- Combine flax, remaining cinnamon, brown sugar, and oats in a separate bowl. Sprinkle evenly over apple mixture.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes or until apples are tender and topping golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
What a yummy apple crisp with very little fat! I must admit I was tempted to add a little butter since I've never made a crisp without it.... but decided against it. The flax seed made it a little bit dry and flaky on top, but I still really enjoyed this low-fat dessert. I used my oval 1.75qt baking dish and it seemed to be a good choice. I also added a little coconut and chopped pecans into the topping. Highly recommended!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside . . . Chardonnay in one hand . . .chocolate in the other; the body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"