Apple Muffins (Nova Scotia Style)
photo by Outta Here
- Ready In:
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon and brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup diced apple (I prefer Granny Smith)
- Sift dry ingredients together 3 times.
- Add combined liquids and then add apples.
- Fill greased muffin pan 2/3 full and sprinkle with Cinnamon and B. Sugar mixture. Bake in hot oven at 400 degrees for 20-25 mins (sometimes less, keep an eye on them).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Oh, these are sooooo good. I did add the raisins to these little beauties. The sweetness was just right for me. And I did, indeed, like the way the brown sugar almost carmelized. Thnx for sharing your recipe, VoodooMagnolia. Made for PAC Spring 2010. You've been adopted! http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0