Apple Graham Dessert
A want-to-try recipe from Best of Country Cooking. Looks very kid-friendly! Cooking/prep time includes chilling.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- 6 cinnamon graham crackers, whole
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 cup whipped topping
- walnuts, Chopped (optional)
- Place one graham cracker on a serving plate.
- Spread with 2 heaping tablespoons of applesauce.
- Repeat layers, ending with applesauce.
- Spread the whipped topping over top and sides.
- Sprinkle with nuts if desired.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before slicing.
- Yield: 2 servings.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This is so very good. Just after tagging this, they featured a dessert very similar to this on the local morning cooking show. She used strawberry flavored applesauce. That would be good too, but I am very happy with the apple flavor. It comes out like a crumb cake and not like mushy crackers. Very good and so simple. Made and Reviewed for ANZ Recipe Swap #25 - Thanks! :)
This is really good, and completely easy. It has an almost cakelike texture. I think it might be good with a bit of peanut butter added to the graham crackers before they're topped with the applesauce. My whipped topping was frozen and I was impatient, so I thawed it in the microwave, which made it kind of like a glaze, but that was fine with me. This starts to soften up right away, and I ate it after it sat for maybe an hour. I made a single serving, using 3 low fat cinnamon graham crackers, a single serving applesauce cup and fat free cool whip. Thanks for posting!