photo by BarbryT
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tart apples, unpeeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups dried apple rings
- 1⁄4 cup candied ginger, finely chopped
- 20 gingersnaps, crushed
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- whole gingersnaps, for garnish if desired
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute fresh apple slices 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Stir in juice, sugar, fresh ginger and cinnamon. Cook 5 minutes, or until liquid is syrupy.
- Add dried apple slices and candied ginger. Reduce heat to medium, and cook 3 minutes more, or until heated through.
- Sprinkle bottom of a 2-qt. bowl with 1/2 cup crushed gingersnaps.
- Stir remaining gingersnap crumbs into the apple mixture.
- Layer apple mixture and yogurt in bowl.
- Garnish with whole gingersnaps, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm not as active here anymore, but you can find me playing at the new recipezazz.com. I'm not a great photographer, but I love to take food photos with Freddy Cat to bring a smile to people's day. I love to cook and share good food with other people. I have a very large collection of cookbooks. I used to enjoy being able to look up recipes on Zaar by ingredients I had on hand. I miss the Zaar tag game community. Everyone was so nice, and it was super fun. Ah, the good ol' days.