Apple Date Bundt Cake
I found this recipe on another website. I have decreased considerably the amount of sugar originally called for and it is still fairly sweet. It is best made with Fuji or Granny Smith apples.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup dates, coarsely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 1⁄3 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 medium apples
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F, with a rack in the middle of the oven.
- Grease a 12-cup Bundt pan.
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Stir in the dates, nuts, and sugar.
- In a large mixer bowl, beat the eggs, oil, applesauce, and vanilla until well blended.
- Peel, core and chop the apples into 1/8" dice, sprinkling with lemon juice as you cut them to prevent discolouration.
- Stir the flour mixture into the eggs.
- The batter will be extremely thick.
- Stir in the apples.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 65 to 75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out with no moist crumbs on it.
- Cool on a rack for 20 minutes and then invert.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION