Apple Cupcakes With Peanut Butter Icing for Dogs
photo by nmhurley12
- Ready In:
30 mini muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease muffin tins.
- In a bowl, combine the applesauce, water, vanilla, egg, and honey.
- In another bowl, mix the four, baking powder.
- Slowly add wet to dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in apples.
- Pour in lightly greased muffin tins and bake about 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool muffins on a wire rack.
- When cool, frost them with the peanut butter and top each one with a small dog treat.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I have these baking in the oven right now and so far they are going splendidly. I used homemade applesauce and I used sweet potato instead of flour for the recipe because flour is supposedly not good for dogs: the batter was bit soupy so I ended up adding a bit of oats to absorb, which worked well. I am wondering about the sugar content of these though because of the applesauce/apple/honey? Are there any nutrition facts on these? Some advice: I added a little bit of coconut oil to the peanut butter to make it more smooth and pipable. Looks great!