Apple Crisp Apple Crisp and More Apple Crisp - Kid's All Time F
I have had this recipe since 1968 served for lunch in the cafeteria at Adams Jr. High School in Sandusky, Ohio. Home of the best amusement park in the world, Cedar Point! If you have this one time you will be hooked,lucky for me I was good friends with the supervisor at the cafeteria, leave alone it was my good friends MOM!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 rolled oats
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup melted butter
- 4 cups peeled cored sliced apples
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and melted butter. Stir until crumbly. Press in half of the mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Cover with the apples.
- In a medium sauce pan, combine white sugar, cornstarch, water, and vanilla. Cook until liquid is clear stirring all the time, making sure it is thick, about 10 minutes. Pour over apples.
- Cover with remaining crumble mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until bubbly and golden!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
For the past 40-yrs I have made every variation of apple crisp trying to duplicate what my DH remembered from school. Thank you! THIS IS IT! The syrup is the difference, something no other recipe I've tried has had. We enjoyed it this weekend, and I even froze some for later. It is sweet, but that's what dessert is all about.30Reply