photo by Pauline M.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- Pare apples, slice very thin and place in shallow 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Mix water and lemon juice and pour over apples.
- Combine cinnamon,nutmeg and 1/2 cup of sugar and sprinkle over apples.
- Blend remaining 1/2 sugar with flour, salt and butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over apples, making sure corners are covered, and pat down (hard) with your hands so it adheres to apples.
- Bake for 50 minutes@ 350 degrees till apples are tender and crust is"browned".
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
- May be served cold.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!