Apple Cream Dream Sandwich
photo by HeatherFeather
- Ready In:
- 2 slices pumpernickel bread (or any bread you prefer) or 2 slices cinnamon raisin bread (or any bread you prefer)
- 1 -2 tablespoon cream cheese (to taste) or 1 -2 tablespoon neufchatel cheese, softened (to taste)
- 2 -3 slices apples, unpeeled (red delicious preferred)
- raisins, to taste
- chopped pecans, to taste
- 1 -2 teaspoon celery, minced (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese, to taste (or a slice of cheese)
- Toast bread lightly first (if desired, I usually do not); Spread bread slices with cream cheese.
- Place apple slices on top of the cream cheese on one of the toast slices.
- Sprinkle raisins, pecans, celery, and cheese to taste on the other piece of toast, pressing a little so these items stick to the cream cheese a bit.
- Put sandwich together, securing with a toothpick.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!