photo by Lalaloula
- Ready In:
- 150 g flour
- 150 g whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 100 g brown sugar (or honey)
- 150 ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 120 g butter
- 2 apples
- 4 tablespoons cranberries (I used canned ones, but fresh ones are great, too)
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 55 g brown sugar
- 35 g oats
- 30 g butter
- Mix both types of flour, baking powder, brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. In another bowl mix together milk, butter and eggs.
- Make a mould in the middle of the flour mixture and add the milk mixture into it.
- Blend in diced apples and cranberries.
- Fill the dough into a lined muffin pan and pre-heat the oven to 190°C.
- For the crumble-topping combine flour, butter, sugar and oats using your fingers. Knead until a crumbly mixture has formed.
- Spread each muffin with 2 ts of the crumble-topping.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
After making these I took half of them over to share with a neighbor couple, only to find out that they had a couple of their grandkids for the weekend, so I ended up giving them all but 2 of these very wonderfully tasty muffins! Now I have 'em on my kitchen schedule to make again next week, & those will be kept right here at home! Absolutely delicious & well worth making again, for sure! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in the Almost 5 Special Event]
Wonderful muffins that I enjoyed for breakfast this morning. My whole wheat flour was outdated so I used only all purpose flour. I used 2 granny smith apples and cranraisins that I had on hand. Very tasty muffins that I will defnitely make again. Thank you Lalaloula for posting your recipe. Made and reviewed for the Went to the Market tag game.
Absolutely delicious, and made these for breakfast this morning. I put together the ingredients the night before, and just used an ice cream scoop to scoop out this morning. 1/4 scoop per muffin cup. This all went together beautifully, and although I didn't have whole wheat flour, I just upped the regular flour. I used cranasins and they were perfect for here. Next time I might make a sugar topping or lightly put some icing on top. Thank you Lalaloula! Made for *Everyday is a Holiday* January 2009.