MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A yummy dessert that is a bit like apple crisp.
- Ready In:
- 1 3⁄4 cups apple juice or 1 3/4 cups apple cider
- 3 apples, peeled, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 cup couscous, uncooked
- 4 -6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat the apple juice or cider to a simmer in a medium saucepan.
- Add the apples and simmer until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the couscous, 4 tablespoons brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla.
- Taste and add 2 more tablespoons of brown sugar, if desired.
- Remove from the heat, cover, and set aside until the couscous is tender and all the liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION